1. Do I need a building permit for my Cottage?
No! Since our cottages are built on a trailer they are considered non-permanent structures, therefore they can be placed on your property without a permit or zoning issues. Due to variations in every municipality, we suggest you check with your local building department.
2. Do you offer delivery?
Yes, your cottage can either be picked up at our facility in Santa Ana, California or delivered to your home. We charge $3 per mile. (minimum charge is $500)
3. How does the plumbing & electrical hookup?
The electricity is hooked up with either an extension cord or hard wired into a home’s main electrical panel. The water is hooked up using a hose or PVC line. The sewer is typically tied into a home’s sewer system, septic tank or can be plumbed to drain like an RV.
4. Do you offer financing?
At this time, we do not offer financing options. Please check with your local bank or credit union.
5. Are these RV Compliant?
Our Cottages are meant to be used as additional space to an existing home or a full-time dwelling on a piece of property.
6. How long has Cali Cottages been in business?
Brandon Large (Owner) has been in the construction industry for over 20 years. He has a California General Contractors license (one of the strictest states in the country) and has been building tiny mobile homes & large residential homes in the Southern California area for almost two decades!
7. How long will it take to build my cottage?
Due to high demand, we try keep two to three cottages in stock for immediate purchase. If you have a custom order it typically takes 4-6 weeks to complete.
8. Does the Cottage come with a warranty?
Yes, we guarantee all materials and craftsmanship upon delivery. Extended warranty plans are available upon request, for an additional charge.
9. How do I order my Cottage?
With 3 simple steps!
1. Contact Cali Cottages and set up an appointment to discuss the details of your cottage.
2. Pay the deposit after approving all plans.
3. Schedule a time for pickup or delivery!